Bus Accident Lawyer Kent
Victim of Bus Accident Kent?
Buses are an every day part of our lives. We use them to get to work and from work and to run our errands. If you are a victim of a bus accident because of another party’s negligence, we are there to help you recover what you deserve. Mark A. Hammer has 40+ years of experience helping victim of bus accidents. Bus accidents occur a surprisingly often in Kent WA and a bus accident tends to involve very serious injuries just because of the size of the vehicle involved.
Common Bus Accident Injuries in and around Kent WA
• Broken bones - Bones can suffer fractures or be snapped in half due to a bus impact. Broken bones can also occur with other equipment inside the bus in an accident
• Lacerations - Broken glass from windows and cuts from the impact of sharp objects inside the bus can cause people to get what is known as lacerations. A cut can have complications such as cellulitis and or infection.
• Strains and sprains - It is common to get injuries to tendons and ligaments that surround the bones from a bus accident. These injuries often movement possible difficult. When a ligament or tendon is torn or stretched, the injury is known as a sprain.
• Burns - One type of injury that can occur from a bus accident that many people do not think of is a burn. Contact with a hot engine or the hot pavement can cause a victim to suffer a burn, which can have sever implications for health recovery and work recovery.
• Traumatic brain injuries - It is common for there to be a brain injury resulting from a bus accident. The head can impacting with the ground or another object can result in a a traumatic brain injury. Brain injuries can be especially dangerous because they often do not have physical symptoms. A brain injury can have a dramatic impact on your ability to recover physically, emotionally and financially.
Bus Accident Causes:
The type of bus accident often determines the severity of the accident and by extension, the severity of the injuries sustained by its victims. A bus accident can involve other types of vehicle, such as a car, a motorcycle, a bicyclist, or a train. Bus accidents can also occur as the result of poorly maintained or designed roadways and vehicle malfunctions. A few examples of bus accident causes include:
Negligence on the part of the bus driver - Most people assume, when they climb on board a bus or see a bus driving on the road, that the driver is well trained and alert. There tends to also be an assumption that the bus driver is an experienced driver. While this is all true sometimes, there are many times when none of these things are true and the result can be a serious collision can be between two vehicles or between the bus and pedestrians.
Hazards on the Road and or Degraded Infrastructure can pose a serious risk to heavy vehicles like buses. Roadways that were designed for smaller vehicles (especially older roads) can be very dangerous for buses sometimes causing roll over accidents or simply creating a a blind spot when forced to drive through certain kinds of turns and angles. These blinds spots often lead to accidents involving cars or pedestrians.
Bus malfunction Sometimes parts on a bus such as the starter or the brakes malfunction. This can put the bus into a position where it is involved in an accident. When this occurs, the manufacturer of the bus and or bus company could be liable for your injuries and damages.
Bus companies and their drivers have a responsibility to their passengers. Bus drivers have a duty to provide their passengers with safe transit and a responsibility to other drivers on the road. Despite this higher level of responsibility, there are some bus drivers that do not always drive safely or responsibly, and unfortunately some companies do not provide adequate training for their drivers and this can create very hazardous situations, sometimes resulting in innocent people being seriously injured or killed.
If you or a loved one is a victim of a bus accident Contact Mark A. Hammer & Associates, Inc.
Bus accident victim Kent WA?
It is very vital that you contact an experienced attorney and begin a proper investigation into the accident . Bus companies and their lawyers will vigorously defend their drivers.
Some things to do if you are involved in a bus accident:
Immediately seek medical attention if needed
Call 911, contacting the police is important for many reasons even if only to ensure that more more injuries do Not occur at the same bus accident site from other accidents occurring. The police will investigate the scene and also try and determine who they believe is at fault for the accident, and file a bus accident report.
Get everyone's contact information. Name and address of all drivers, as well as any witnesses or other passengers.
Take notes. Write down anything you believe may be important (the bus number, any accident details, etc.).
Contact an experienced bus accident lawyer.
If you are a victim of a bus accident Contact Mark A. Hammer & Associates, Inc.